Zucchinis are probably one of the more versatile vegetables you can have in your kitchen. You can use them to make noodles and cakes and everything in between. I always have a few in my fridge if I’m looking for a quick-fix meal, or to bake something clean.
Here’s one of my favorite quick zucchini recipes!
- 1 pack minced turkey
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Spices (flavorgod garlic lovers is my fave! Italian seasoning is great as well for this recipe)
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini
- Favorite cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 350
- In a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- When hot, add minced turkey and your favorite spices/seasonings. Cook for 10 mins, or until there are no traces of pink. Be sure to break up larger chunks as you stir
- Add diced onions and cook until translucent.
- Throw in minced garlic followed by tomato paste and cook for two more minutes
- Add can of tomatoes, cover, and allow to simmer for 20-30 mins, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper and seasoning to taste.
- While sauce cooks, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out center with the help of a knife. Use spoon to scoop out excess.
- In a small bowl mix one tbsp olive oil with seasoning, and brush the inside of the zucchini ‘boats’ with mixture.
- Place boats on pan and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes
- When sauce is ready, fill each boat, and place back in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Top your boats with cheese, and throw back into the oven for another minute